Dr. Schenk is available for media appearances and interviews in various angles addressing the current coronavirus pandemic. Please contact Dr. Schenk directly with any media requests.
- Schenk KD. Biden’s COVID Plan Is Just a Beginning. Scientific American, Feb 25, 2021.
Recent Media Appearances
In this clip from an interview on BBC World Service, broadcast March 27, 2020, Dr. Schenk shared tips for the protection of essential workers. Her segment starts at 0:43.
In this clip from an interview on BBC World Service, broadcast March 23, 2020, Dr. Schenk responded to specific questions about food shopping practices during the coronavirus pandemic.
Dr. Schenk has published extensive research in the scientific literature addressing aspects of infectious diseases. Recent examples are featured here.
Peer-Reviewed Research Publications
- Finnegan A, Langhaug L, Schenk KD, Puffer ES, Rusakaniko S, Choi Y, Mahaso S, Green EP. The prevalence and process of pediatric HIV disclosure: A population-based prospective cohort study in Zimbabwe. PLoS ONE 14(5):e0215659, May 2019.
- Schenk KD, Tun W, Sheehy M, Okal J, Kuffour E, Moono G, Mutale F, Kyeremaa R, Ngirabakunzi E, Amanyeiwe U, Leclerc-Madlala S. “Even the fowl has feelings”: Access to HIV information and services among persons with disabilities in Ghana, Uganda, and Zambia. Disability and Rehabilitation, October 2018. DOI: 10.1080/09638288.2018.1498138
Books and Chapters
- Schenk KD, Ramarao S. Ethical considerations of conducting research among children affected by HIV: a view from an ethics review board. In “Children, Young People and HIV/AIDS: A Cross-Cultural Perspective” (Ed. Liamputtong P), Springer, 2016
- Schenk K, Williamson J. Ethical Approaches to Gathering Information from Children and Adolescents in International Settings. Population Council (Horizons / FHI Impact / USAID), Washington DC, 2005. Download in full here.
View more of Dr. Schenk’s publications on ResearchGate.